1.3

I paid $1 to access a report and now, almost a week later, was charged for a membership. I did call them and was told that I agreed to it.

It, supposedly is somewhere in the fine print. It never said the $1 was for a trial or a membership nor did it use the word subscription. When I log in it doesn't say anything about current or future payments. Specifically, it says N/A to future payments.

I am told that I have been un-enrolled, but they say that I agreed, so they will not reverse the charge. My credit card said they will reverse it through the dispute process. In the end, if I paid too much for one report, I got what I needed.

I wouldn't use this site unless you are willing to pay over $45 for the report. I also still have concerns about them trying to process future charges.

Product or Service Mentioned: Checkpeople Background Check Free Trial.

Reason of review: Not as described.

I liked: Finding the person i was searching for.

I didn't like: Being enrolled in a membership i did not authorize.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jan 10.

Comments

Call them back, and when they tell you they can't give you a refund, tell them you're going to call your bank and dispute the charges. They should then tell you they'll give you a refund in 2-5 days.

#1420928

Same happened to me. Lesson learned, price was too good to be true and read the fine print.

Yupp, just *** happened to me. As a college student trying to get visas approved to leave the country in February this was the last *** thing I needed. Wish I had found a post like this last week.