I went on to do a check on myself. One time check, paid the $1.00.

Seemed so simple! (Little did I know how big of a hassle it would be to find useless and incorrect information). Got my creditcard statement and see $1.00, $1.95 (for the download of the report???!!) and then $44.85 for a month of service. (Mind you the $44.85 would be a charge that I could expect every month - without any communication to me, etc.

Thankfully, I reviewed my creditcard statement!!) I was told when I called that all of this is in the "Terms". No refunds. No pro-rating. But they'd cancel my service today with no access afterwards (I'm paid for over 3 more weeks, but, no access and no pro-rated refund.

- again, another sign of a bad business). Not forthcoming - they "hide" their "terms" just enough to make it hard to find, but to be legal; which is disgusting in and of itself. I never received any sort of receipt at my e-mail address (and they require your e-mail address) and the charges on my card were from: Srchcrimbg8559843487 8559843487 GB. So, trying to find the website/company that was charging me was difficult.

SO - be forewarned - BTW, the information was useless. Have a REAL background check done if you want real information - not this junk. If you do make the mistake of doing business with this less than upfront company - be sure to cancel the subscription asap! 866-414-6799 (you'll need the last four digits of your creditcard, name, and your e-mail address).

Here's what you see when you click on two of the tiny little "terms" type buttons (so kuddo's to them for covering their butts so they can keep people's hard earned money - and shame on them for hiding the information and blaming the customer for not picking thru the mess of clickable tiny script): PAYMENTS & SUBSCRIPTION PLANS Payments & Refunds You acknowledge and agree that CheckPeople reserves the right to charge for access to the Website and use of the Services. All transmissions of payment information between you and the Website are secured with Internet-standard TLS (also known as HTTPS) encryption. We collect your name, address, and payment information to process your order. Due to the nature of the Service, refunds are only issued on a case-by-case basis.

If you are ever unsatisfied, please give us a call at 1-866-414-6799 and we will work with you to resolve your concerns. Product Subscription Plans CheckPeople may offer product membership or subscription plans that enable you to conduct recurring or unlimited searches, according to the terms of the subscription plan selected by you at the time of purchase. If you chose to enroll in a subscription plan, you understand and agree that, in addition to your first purchase, your credit or debit card on file will be charged for additional membership periods (e.g., once per month) without obtaining further permission or confirmation from you. In other words, subscription plans renew automatically unless cancelled in advance of the next payment period by you.

Please pay attention to the payment terms and disclosures provided during the order process for your subscription plan. Changes and Cancellation. To change or cancel a subscription plan, you may either call us at 1-866-414-6799. Changes and cancellations must be made at least three (3) days before your credit or debit card is charged for the next payment period.

Changes in Subscription Fees. It may be necessary for CheckPeople to change the fees and charges in effect, including for any subscription plan, and CheckPeople reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to lower your fees or switch your subscription plan to a lower package rate so long as it has the same features and service level. CheckPeople will not increase rates for your subscription plan. Billing Terms Thank you for choosing CheckPeople.com as your trusted source for public records.

Today, you're signing up for our promotional package which gives you 5 day access to our website for $1.00! If you love our service, simply do nothing and after your 5 day trial period ends, you will automatically be billed our discounted monthly price of $44.85.

You may cancel your account hassle-free, at any time by calling us at 1-866-414-6799. We are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week

Product or Service Mentioned: Checkpeople Background Check.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Nov 17, 2017.

Comments